- http://cincosentidos.lt/2020 is the official website of Kaunas Tango Festival “Cinco Sentidos”.
- The festival starts on Friday (17.01.2020) and ends on Sunday (19.01.2020) afternoon. In addition, the following events will take place: pre-festival milonga on Thursday (16.01.2020) and after-festival milonga on Sunday (19.01.2020) evening.
- The festival is a closed and gender-balanced event. Registration to the festival events is mandatory. See section “Registration” for more details.
- Registration to the festival events is possible via an online registration form provided in the festival website. By indicating in the festival FB event “Going” does not imply of being registered to the festival.
- The organizers reserve the right to close the pre-registration for leaders or followers for the certain festival events (workshops / milongas) in order to ensure the balance of leaders and followers in the festival events. For the same reason, registration to the festival events may not be possible at-the-door of the festival event. It is subject to the limited places available at the festival workshops and milongas as well as the gender balance.
- No registration required to the pre-festival Milonga on Thursday and after-festival Milonga on Sunday Evening.
- Admission to the festival events is only allowed with a festival-related wristband placed around the wrist of a festival participant.
- The festival-related wristband is subject to the confirmed festival participants and the festival events booked by them.
- The wristband can only be collected at the festival workshops and milongas in person by each participant. The organizers reserve the right to ask the participant’s ID card or other identity document to confirm the festival participant identity. Right after picking up the wristbands, the participant is required to check if he/she has received all the registration-fee related wristbands and confirm it with a signature.
- Once the festival wristband is lost, it will not be replaced. The organizers reserve the right to deny an admission to the festival events for the persons without a festival-related wristband.
- The organizers reserve the right to deny the admission to any festival event at their own discretion, without prior notice, for persons under the influence of alcohol or other controlled substances, behaving violently, improperly dressed, etc.
- By registering to a festival you are obliged to a registration fee that is subject to the festival events indicated by the applicant in a registration form. Registration fee may include the accommodation fee, if the accommodation is booked via the registration form of the festival. Admission to a pre-festival and after-festival milonga is not included in the registration fee of the festival.
- Early-bird registration fee rates are available within a limited period of time from 01.09.2019 until 15.10.2019.
- The registration fee is not refundable. Canceling your registration to the festival after you’ve made the payment or in case of no-show incur no money return. In case of emergency, the participant can ask organizers about the possibility to transfer the ticket to another person. Ticket transfer to another person is not possible without a prior agreement to the organizers.
- In case the festival is cancelled, registration fee is returned to the participants who have already paid the festival registration fee.
- The organizers reserve the right to change the festival agenda. All changes will be published on the official festival website.
- It is in the responsibility to the participant to make accommodation and travel arrangements only after the participation in the festival is confirmed. The organizers are not accountable for any claims that are subject to the accommodation booked outside the registration form of the festival.
- The organizers cannot be hold responsible and are not responsible for any losses or damages incurred during the event.
- Smoking is not permitted in the festival venues, unless you are in a smoking-designated area.
Go to Top
- For the workshops, registration in couples only. If you want to attend the workshops and you do not have a dance partner, you can post about it in the festival FB fan group. The organizers do not hold any responsibility to finding a dance partner for the workshops you want to attend.
- There is a limited number of participants that fit in each workshop. The organizers reserve the right to suspend the registration to a particular workshop if a limited number of workshop participants is reached.
- Workshops can only be attended by the registered festival participants whose participation is confirmed. Any third parties will not be allowed to take part or watch the workshops.
- Taking pictures or filming during the workshops is subject to the prior agreement with the teachers and organizers.
- All workshops will be held in English.
Go to Top
- The organizers encourage respectful and social atmosphere at the milongas: enjoy the music, people, dance, embrace.
- Traditional tango music will be played by the professional TDJs.
- On the dancefloor, respect and cordiality are very important. In case of collision, apologize and move on.
- Dancing in lines (rondas) of the counter-clockwise direction should be respected.
- Traditional Mirada and Cabeseo should be used when asking for a dance or accepting an invitation for a dance.
- Offering advice or criticism, teaching, instructing is completely prohibited at the milongas. The organizers reserve the right to ask a participant to leave a milonga if such participant’s behaviour is identified.
- Venues of the pre-festival and after-festival milongas will be announced one month before the event.
Go to Top
- Special room rates are only available to the festival participants.
- Special room rates apply if a room is booked directly at the hotel for the minimum 3 nights with a discount code.
- Special room rates discount code is provided upon submission of the registration form.
- Accommodation fee is not refundable.
Go to Top
- Registration for the festival will start on the 1st of September, 2019.
- Registration is possible for the couples and solo participants. For couple registration, one registration form can be submitted. Registration in a couple is not possible with a festival participant who applied as a solo participant and his/her participation has already been confirmed.
- Registration in couples is encouraged. Couples will have priority in registration for the festival events. Order of the applications will not be taken into account.
- A registration identification code will be assigned to each registration form submitted by the applicant. For the security reasons, the organizers will include this code in any notification-related email that is subject to the applicant’s registration process.
- After submitting a registration form, the organizers will send you a registration submission receipt to inform you about your registration identification code. The notification will be send by email within 20 days from the registration submission date.
- Submitting a registration form and receiving a registration submission receipt does not imply of being registered to the festival.
- The organizers will send you a notification to inform you if you are on a accepted-participants-list or on a reserved-participants-list. A registration acceptance email will be sent to the applicants that are on the accepted-participants-list. A registration reservation email will be sent to the applicants that are on the reserved-participants-list. The notification email will be sent to the applicants within 20 days from the registration submission date. Receiving the registration acceptance or reservation email does not imply of being registered to the festival.
- In the registration acceptance email, a registration fee payment details will be provided to the applicants that are on the accepted–participants–list.
- The organizers will have to receive the registration-related payment within 7 days from the date of the registration acceptance email. See section “Payment” below for more details.
- Your registration will be canceled if the registration fee is not received within a specified period of time. A registration cancellation email will be sent to the applicants to inform about the canceled registrations.
- Registration to the festival will be confirmed only after the payment of the registration fee is received. The applicant will be placed on a confirmed-participant-list.
- The organizers will send you a registration confirmation email to inform your registration is confirmed. This notification implies of being registered to the festival.
- Applicants that are on the reserved-participant-list is not a participant of the festival until he/she receives a registration confirmation email from the organizers.
- Only the registrations confirmed by the organizers give you a guaranteed place in the festival.
- By submitting a registration form you agree with the terms and conditions of the festival.
- Registration will be closed on the 5th January, 2020, at 20:00 CET. After this date there is no possibility to transfer your participation to another person.
Go to Top
- Payment of a registration fee is possible via a bank transfer.
- The organizers do not bear any cost of bank commissions or currency conversion costs. Payment related charges must be paid by the participant. The organizers will ask a participant for the compensation if the payment received does not match the ticket price that is subject to your registration.
- The following details have to be provided in the payment transaction: full name, registration identification number (provided in a notification email). Before proceeding with the payment, please double check if your registration identification code matches in all registration notification emails received from the organizers. Please inform us by email about any identification code related inconsistencies.
- Payments are only accepted in euros.
- It is possible to get a receipt for the registration fee paid.
Go to Top
- With the registration form we collect the minimum amount of data we need to be able to deliver services to you.
- By registering to the festival you give consent for your personal data to be processed by the organizers of the festival for the purposes of providing you with a booking for workshops, milongas and other festival events.
- Every registered festival participant has the right to inspect their personal data and correct them.
- By registering to in the festival events (workshops/milongas) you give the permission to the official festival photographers to take pictures of you and/or videos during the event and publish them online. The organizers are not accountable for any claims of the festival participants against other persons filming and taking pictures during the festival.
- By participating in the festival you give an irrevocable, interminable consent that your pictures or films can be gratuitously used in the festival website, FB fanpage, FB group, youtube channel. The consent applies only to a non-commercial use of the pictures and videos captured by the official photographer of the festival.
- Every festival participant has the right to deny any usage of the photos or videos (captured by the official festival photographer) in which the festival participant is captured.
Go to Top